Thursday, January 17, 2008

Training Update

Mitch and I are getting in shape for our bike trip. Brett and Anna (pictured below after Brett finished the Nike Half Marathon in NYC last August) are getting in shape for wedding season. The four of us are going to run the Long Branch Half-Marathon on May 4th. Brett, Mitch and I are shooting to finish under two hours. I've been running a decent amount since that's about all I could do with a broken thumb. I ran 6 miles and felt pretty good last weekend. Brett and Mitch have been running 4 milers although Brett ran the NY marathon in November so he'll be fine. Anna has been staying in shape with her Sunday night tennis lessons and she already has a marathon under her belt; she ran the Marine Corps marathon in Virginia in 2002.

Will all this running help prepare us for the bike trip? Probably not but the race will be a lot of fun. We're looking to recruit a few more people to run with us so stay tuned.



No comments: